Saturday, November 10, 2012

Homemade Carpet Powder....

Okay, so we recently moved into our new home, and the carpet has a dog like smell I cannot get rid of! So annoying, like anyone else, I want my home to smell beautiful. So I hit up Google & Pinterest and searched for a solution. I found a site that suggested mixing: Baking Soda, Ground Nutmeg and Ground Cloves. A blogger raved about how her home smelt like a warm and cozy fall wonderland.

Carpet Powder:





I had to try it! I mixed together baking soda, nutmeg, cloves and also threw some cinnamon in there for an extra punch of yummy goodness. I mixed it together in a large bowl and used a large serving spoon that had slits in it so I could the slits as a "shaker" as I distrubuted it onto the carpet.  I left it on the carpet for an hour and then vaccumed it up. The house smelled sooooo good. I'm telling you, this stuff works wonders! Pin It Now!

2 comments: