Thursday, November 1, 2012

Twine and felt flower wreath!

I have been wanting to get a wreath for our front door for quite some time but didn't want it to be connected to any kind of holiday. I wanted something Neutral that could be used year round. So I decided to make my own! It was reasonably fast and of course, fun to do!!! :)

I went to Michael's and bought:

Wreath hanger $4.99
Green foam wreath $6.99
Twine (had it)
Burlap (had it)
6 sheets felt paper $.29 each

You'll also need a hot glue gun


What I did:

I hot glued the starting piece of twine to the wreath and then wrapped the twine around and around and around the foam wreath until it was completely covered. You have to take your time and make sure it's tight and close together, make sure you can't see the green foam underneath. When it is completely covered cut the twine and hot glue the end peice.

Next is felt flowers. I went to this website to use as a tutorial on how to make them: http://www.danielleburkleo.com/2010/10/diy-yarn-wreath-with-felt-flowers.html?m=1

And last but not least! I added the burlap bow so I could hang it from the wreath hanger! Needless to say, I LOVE it!!!

TaDa:



Now that I have made my own wreath, I want to make holiday ones!! Haha!!! Okay well, atleast Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. :)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment