Monday, November 12, 2012

Pallet Box Coffee Table!

 
I had so much fun making this Pallet box my husband picked up at work into a coffee table for our TV room. Joel brought home this pallet box along with other regular pallets (future projects!) and I knew right away what I wanted to do with it.
 
What I did:
 I removed the stickers, paper & plastic along with the staples.
Next I busted out the sander and used 150 grit sand paper and sanded the entire box down. It took some extra effort to get all of the black lettering off.
After it was all smooth, I ran to Home Depot and bought stain. I stained the entire box once, it was pretty dark. As time went on, it grew on me as it soaked in and it looked gorgeous!
After I let the box dry, I realized it needed something more to have a finished look. I went back to Home Depot and got a clear coat polyurethane to put over to stain. This called for 3 coats minimum with a 3-4 hour drying time in between. Very time consuming! But it was all worth the finished look. It gives it a nice sheen and protects the wood and stain.
 
I LOVE IT.
 
In the future, my husband is going to make the top of the coffee table open up with some cute hinges, we are thinking of storing blankets and pillows in there.... :)
 
 
 
 
Here are some pictures of my journey making this Pallet Box into a Coffee Table!
 
 
 

 


 







 



 
 
BEFORE & AFTER:
 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment